The Big Ten Network was at IU’s football practice. If you get the channel — and you probably do — you can watch to see what the folks there said. I’m sure they’ve got video, too. Cameras were everywhere. Then I visited an old college buddy who works for the network, and he was in a truck with 137 televisions (give or take 50). Some fancy work going on in there for sure.
Though we weren’t given access to coaches or players, I went over to practice to see what I could see. And by that I mean I went to see Mike Hall. And, eureka, Dave Revsine.
Anyway, there are a few injuries to report:
- Running back Darius Willis was out with a head injury.
- Defensive end Jammie Kirlew was out with a leg injury.
- Right tackle James Brewer continued to sit with a right leg problem.
- Defensive tackle Jarrod Smith was out with a sore back again.
- Fellow DT Mick Mentzer is still working through a knee injury.
- Freshman kicker Mitch Ewald once again did not kick.
As I reported in Sunday’s paper, Dusty Kiel and Edward Wright-Baker continue pushing for the No. 2 and 3 spots on the depth chart.