Indiana running back Darius Willis runs against the Michigan defense. The Hoosiers missed Willis against Virginia. Chris Howell | Herald-Times
Welcome to Hoosier Morning, a daily batch of links intended to keep you informed of what is going on at Indiana, in the Big Ten and throughout the college sporting world.
- Dustin Dopirak takes a final look at week six of Indiana’s season, and starts the look-ahead to Saturday’s game against Illinois.
- The state’s three FBS colleges (Indiana, Purdue and Ball State) are on pace to set a new record for futility, the Indianapolis Star’s Terry Huchens writes.
- Wasn’t Indiana supposed to have advanced past submission football?, Pete DiPrimio asks in the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel.
- The Hoosiers had no energy at a time when they absolutely should have, the Indiana Daily Student’s Ryan Winn writes.
- Matt Roth is the Inside the Hall Super Happy Fun Time Player Profile, written by Alex Bozich.
RON ZOOK’S FAREWELL TOUR (or news on Illinois)
- A review and preview, from the Champaign News-Gazette’s Bob Asmussen.
- The first word from Ron Zook, from the News-Gazette.
- Two years ago, Illinois was in the Rose Bowl. Now, they’re in the toilet bowl, the Chicago Tribune’s Rick Morrissey writes.
- No word on who will start at quarterback against Indiana, the Daily Illini’s Anthony Zillis writes.
BIG TEN GRAB BAG (Monday college paper edition)
- Why did Denard Robinson, not Tate Forcier, play the final series against Iowa?, the Michigan Daily’s Michael Eisenstein writes.
- Terrelle Pryor’s lakc of progression is holding back Ohio State’s offense, the Lantern’s Zach Meisel writes.
- Northwestern is just ordinary, the Daily Northwestern’s Brian Chappatta writes.
- This Iowa season is suddenly very interesting, as the Hawkeyes remain undefeated, the Daily Iowan’s Scott Miller writes.
- Wisconsin outplayed Ohio State, but mistakes cost the Badgers, The Badger Herald’s Jordan Schelling writes.
- Penn State played well against an inferior opponent, but that says something, the Daily Collegian’s Nate Mink writes.
- Minnesota’s win was for injured center Jeff Tow-Arnett, the Minnesota Daily’s Austin Cumblad writes.
- The Michigan State defense rose to the task against Illinois, The State News’ Matt Bishop writes.
TAKE A LOOK
Thanks to Inside the Hall for the link. But here is an entertaining video from the folks at JibJab, featuring the Indiana freshmen.